Thursday, July 24, 2008

Whirlwind of action

Wow! It's been nearly a month since I last posted... My goal was to post at least weekly?! I am so caught up (and still learning) in getting this website 'right' and launched, that I've been living and dreaming it. I could blame my brain injury for making it too easy to 'tangle everything up' - and then I find out from my brilliant friend Ann Handley's post that my fears are really no different from everyone else's... Yay!!

My dream is to have a website that will help give back control of your own life after trauma; a website that will provide a community for those recovering; a dating site that is gentler and a bit more subtle than some; a fantastic directory that gives not only the names and addresses of therapists but also provides details of the types of therapy that they do together with a few words about them personally and perhaps even a testimonial; articles sharing the latest news and developments in rehab; stories from alumni (all of us?) about our traumas so that no-one ever need feel alone again...

I almost always wake up before the end of my dreams - they're a bit long! To have a chance at success, I really need a lot of help to 'get out there' and known about. Which I'm sure will come when it's ready...

But back to 'now'... The big event in the last month was a fabulous conference in Dallas, Texas for eWomenNetwork where an unimaginable 3000 - yes, three thousand! - entrepreneurial women met and shared and networked and supported each other with their businesses. What power we have...

On these beautiful days I am torn by the desire to just 'enjoy some summer' and sit under the oak tree outside with some lemonade! My son - who provides ReBuildingYou with it's IT - now has his first car with sleek rims and throbbing stereo and has discovered tubing in local rivers and partying on some of our beautiful beaches... So much for quick progress for the website!

But you know what? It's all just the way it is meant to be... Without a healthy dose of JOY, progress - whether with a website, business or rehabilitation - will come to a standstill or at least be slow. I forget sometimes to 'take my own medicine' and balance the Physical, Emotional, Joy, Cognitive and Financial colours of life...

So here's hoping that the summer will soak into your bones and that you can take a few moments to feel the warmth of the sun on your face. In the long run, better and more lasting progress will be ours!

With a warm hug...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silence is horrible! Receiving comments - good AND bad - is a great relief! Thank you for your comment...

ReBuildingYou.com